Home destroyed by fire in Fletcher

1 min read

FLETCHER — A fire broke out at a single-family home on North Road in Fletcher yesterday.

Police say the owner left the home around 1:00 p.m. and was notified about the fire around 1:49 p.m.

When the fire department arrived there was smoke coming from the roof.

Firefighters made entry and extinguished a small fire in the living room which had extended into the attic.

By the time the fire was extinguished the roof of the home had been consumed.

Fire investigators say the fire started in light combustibles on top of a cabinet near the entry door.

There was a scented candle that was in use on top of the cabinet.

The fire burned the cabinet and its contents and extended to the roof.

The home is considered a total loss, and the cause of the fire is listed as accidental.