House fire in Georgia

1 min read

GEORGIA — Police are investigating a fire that broke out at a home in Georgia on Saturday.

The fire took place on Ballard Road at around 9:00 a.m.

Police say they were able to extinguish the blaze before it spread to the rest of the house.

Investigators say the fire began in a first-floor bedroom.

They say a fan overheated and caused nearby combustibles in the bedroom to catch fire.

All of the occupants were able to safely get out of the house without injury and police say the cause of the fire is accidental.